Our mission is to educate our students to reach their potential while preparing them to contribute to our global society.
- that all students have worth and can learn in a supportive environment
- in providing the highest quality education to every student
- in the recognition and respect of individual differences and diversity while working toward common goals
- in providing a safe environment conducive to learning
- that District decisions should focus on student achievement
- that effective communication at all levels is vital to the development of trust and cooperation
- that quality facilities are essential to providing quality education
- in the recruitment and retention of quality faculty and staff
- that a commitment to high expectations produces better students and citizens
- school district staff, in partnership with students, families and community are accountable for student performance
- everyone benefits when education is a top priority
- that the utilization of Community resources will provide greater opportunities for all students
- in fiscal responsibility.
District 428 will:
- foster an attitude of high expectations in staff, students, curricula and all District operations
- develop and implement effective communication and establish positive relationships within the school district, among governmental entities, and communities served.
- provide additional facilities and improve existing facilities to meet the needs of our students, district and community
- develop, communicate and implement a plan to address diversity
- develop, communicate and implement an employment, retention and staff development plan
- develop, communicate and implement a long-term financial plan
Equal educational opportunities shall be available for all students without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, language barrier, religious beliefs, physical and mental handicap or disability, or economic and social conditions, or actual or potential marital or parental status.
Any students may file a discrimination grievance by using the Uniform Complaint Procedure. Forms may be obtained in the school office or the Education Center.